All of our rain ponchos are made from 100% certified recycled polyester, which is very different from virgin polyester.
Unlike polyester that uses petrochemical products, loads of water and has quite toxic by products, recycled polyester uses PET (bottles) as the raw material. Recycling it so it doesn’t end up in landfills or the ocean.
Simplified: The bottles are flaked, heated, machine shrunk and then wound up in spools for making it into fabric.
This process uses up to 40% less energy… but the bigger differences here are that no new petroleum is needed, and that we don’t contaminate our environment with even more PET bottles.
Our rain ponchos are cut to perfection with taped seams and a waterproof column of 10.000 mm. It’s of high importance to us to only work with sustainable materials, like recycled polyester. Some choices in life are worth it.
- One size fits all
- 100% waterproof, keeps you seriously dry
- Cut to precision
- Sustainable – Certified 100% Recycled Polyester
- Environmentally Friendly – Produced using 40% less energy
- Closed Loop – Rainkiss fabric can be recycled again and again
- Easy to fold – Built in storage pouch.
- Premium velcro cuff closure
- Adjustable hood